Wednesday, November 5, 2008

For Such a Time as This


I'm exhausted. I really should be in bed. I didn't sleep a wink last night and felt pretty yucky this morning. I just finished emailing over 350 people INDIVIDUALLY for work. I finally had to turn down the contrast on my laptop to cut down on eye strain. It is done though and I have a great feeling of accomplishment- and hope. Hope that this will get some people motivated to buy a home. I would really love to have a few more closings this year. You see, I work for 4 Real Estate Agents and when they do well, I do well! I am paid commission on their sales. So, that means I am working my bum off to get some people to want to buy. It has been a slow couple of months, but now that the election is over I am confident that people are going to feel more comfortable with making large purchases (at least I hope so!).

I got to see my favorite almost one year old boy today. My friend Lee has an 11 month son. He is a doll. He just started walking and was cracking us up! He even walked to me several times and let me smother him with kisses and loves!

I just cherish that age! I can't believe that my kids are so far past that! J-man is 14 and already counting down the days until he can drive! I don't know if I am going to survive it! KD is just a year younger and they are actually in the same grade. That sure makes it easy with homeschooling them, but it also means that I will lose 2 kids to college at the same time.

I remember when it was just the 2 of them before we had the younger girls. They were busy and I was young. I couldn't wait for them to grow up and go to school. When I would hear older women talk about "empty nest" I thought they were crazy to mourn. Shoot- I was wanting to kick them out of the nest to kindergarten as soon as I could! Fast forward 10 years and here I am- homeschooling! God does amazing things in our hearts when we least expect it!

I never envisioned being a homeschool mom. God knew differently and I am so glad! I love it! I am actually starting to mourn the idea of them going to college. J-man is talking about moving in with my parents- his grandparents- and going to school about 45 minutes away. Even the idea of that is bringing tears to my eyes! What happened to the mom that couldn't wait to have some quiet time? I am so thankful to the Lord that He grew in my heart the desire to homeschool. I am able to have so much more time with my kids now that I ever would if they were at school. For that I am blessed.

I am grateful for the opportunity to work at home and the flexibility that it brings to my life. I am grateful that I will have the chance to instill all the morals and values in my children before they leave the nest. Oh, I know that they will make mistakes and may not always agree with our choices- but I also know that this is what I was called to do. As Mordecai told Esther "and who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14 -

I have been called to the Royal Position of "Teacher of my Children" for such a time as this.

Praise God!

No comments: